Does Denmark or Sweden have better weather
Climate and weather in Denmark
Denmark is located in Northern Europe on the border with Schleswig-Holstein. Due to its location between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, the country is strongly influenced by the water. Denmark consists of the large Jutland peninsula and the islands of Funen and Zealand. In addition, the distant islands of Faroe Islands and Greenland belong to the country's territory, but they play a special role in terms of weather and climate and are considered separately.
Climate in Denmark
The climate in Denmark is inevitable due to the location of the country shaped by the sea. There are no strong temperature fluctuations all year round and the winter fall by Nordic standards quite mild out.
Both Temperatures does it make sense, distinguish between the North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts. In the capital Copenhagen, which is more in the east, the average maximum temperatures in July are 21.2 ° C, while in the northwest in Aalborg they are slightly lower at 19.8 ° C.
In winter, on the other hand, there are no major temperature differences in Denmark, the average maximum value across the country is between 2 and 3 ° C. This one for Northern Europe mild winter results from the Gulf Streamthat sends warm air across the Atlantic.
As for the annual Rainfall Denmark is, despite its geographical location, on two seas quite dry. In the east, only 500 to 600 mm fall per year. From September to January it rains twelve days a month, whereas from May to August it only rains about seven days. The west of Denmark is a little more humid.
The Sunshine duration is an average of at least eight hours a day in May, June and July, but only 48 minutes in January in Copenhagen.
Otherwise the climate in Denmark is from strong winds that come from the seas across the country and make autumn and winter particularly uncomfortable.
Weather in Copenhagen
Weather in Denmark, Source: yr.no from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation
Best travel time for Denmark
The optimal travel time for Denmark depends on the type of vacation.
Should it be a Beach vacation vacationers are dependent on warmer water in the sea. The water temperatures are only in the midsummer months July and August at 16 degrees, so these months are recommended for a beach vacation, especially since the temperatures and amounts of rain are the most comfortable then.
If holidaymakers are not dependent on the water, the entire time from May to September for a vacation in Denmark. During the day, temperatures reach an average of over 15 ° C and the amount of precipitation is limited, so that, for example, city tours can be undertaken. Nevertheless, vacationers should protect themselves against the wind.
Should be the island a little further away Bornholm can be visited, vacationers with pleasant temperatures in summer calculate.
Visitors who come to Denmark in autumn have to expect storms and rain showers.
Denmark climate table
Denmark climate maps
- What do the Europeans think of the Philippines?
- What is the SAT scholarship after 10th.
- What is the hardest part of skydiving
- Are there unsafe areas in Amman Jordan
- Can I make money with a franchise?
- Lies Russia about imaginary weapons
- What are examples of ironic satire
- What do ads look like on Quora
- Great Britain could join the EU again
- What are the benefits of materialism
- Why is Athens worse than Sparta
- Are high-quality diamonds kept artificially scarce
- Why didn't Manchester United sign any high-caliber players?
- What was your childhood goal
- Where can i get hash
- What's wrong with human nature
- How are large concrete blocks made
- What basic advice saved your life
- How are Romanians seen in Vietnam
- Ethically, it is a human right to have children
- Where did the Sikhism religion begin
- Which group is best for fashion design
- Is Jenni in BlackPink 100 Korean
- Sells Donald Trump America
- Why was Tripura separated from Assam
- Why don't you respect individuals
- Do you love pantyhose stems
- How do I look for jobs
- Makes people poor to be religious
- CAs are in great demand
- How do you spell narley
- How did Taiwan and Hong Kong start?
- What are the possibilities for metallurgy