What are the cost of living for students in Switzerland
Cost of living
The Swiss currency is the Swiss franc (CHF): 1 franc = 100 cents.
1 franc = approx. 0.89 euros and 1 euro = approx. 1.14 francs (as of July 2019, PostFinance currency converter).
The cost of living in Switzerland and especially in Zurich is relatively high in an international comparison and is at least 1500 francs (approx. 1300 euros) per month, depending on individual needs and activities.
To estimate the monthly expenses to be expected, here is an approximate price overview:
|Living||from 500 / PH accommodation from 575|
|Food (including cafeteria)||460|
|Transport (tram, bus)||100 to 170|
|Total about||1500 to 1800|
Individual expenses for clothes, leisure time, travel, telephone or medical expenses etc. are not taken into account. Cultural events and restaurants are expensive. It is cheaper to eat in the cafeteria, shop in the supermarket and cook yourself. The tap water in Zurich is of excellent quality and can be drunk anywhere without hesitation.
The opportunities to pursue paid part-time employment while studying in Zurich are subject to strict conditions. Approval is required for every job.
The employment agency of the Central Office for Student Union of the University of Zurich is located at Rämistrasse 62, open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Is a diamond a link
- The Baltic states are essentially western Russia
- A parable with the word jealousy
- What is the favorite pastime on the train
- What is intercultural public relations
- Which is the best SBI debit card
- What is the hardest part of skydiving
- How can you prepare vegan dough
- Why Sri Lanka Called Sri Lanka
- What is personal computing
- How can I withdraw money from Stripe
- What is the penultimate meaning of life
- Why are intensive care ventilators so expensive
- Why is society a source of morality
- What are the consequences of job satisfaction
- We share nations and nationality
- What is Ardha Ashtama Shani
- Is moissanite cheaper than diamond
- Why is authoritative parenting good
- Who interviews and hires the CEO
- How old is civilization
- Can a house lizard bite people?
- How many chia seeds are too much
- Why do we need time for ourselves