What is SIP in telecommunications
What do you have to consider with All-IP?
In the last few months, terms such as Voice over IP (VoIP for short), Next Generation Network, All-IP, SIP Trunks have made the rounds in the media.
With the announcement "We are building the network of the future", Telekom's Germany-wide telephone network is currently being converted to the so-called SIP connection (Session Initiation Protocol). According to current plans, the network Completely converted by the end of 2018 at the latest be. The demands on today's telephone systems are more complex than they were a few years ago. All-IP offers the ideal solution. Information such as voice, data and video are standardized and transmitted via the Internet. This makes the network infrastructure simpler and more future-oriented.
What is All-IP?
It's the umbrella term for that Changeover the previous transmission technologies in telecommunication networks to the Internet Protocol (IP). Services such as telephony, faxing, mobile communications, and surfing are no longer carried out via traditional line switching (analog or ISDN), but via the SIP trunk. Here are a few explanations to understand the IP jungle:
- What does SIP trunk mean?
The so-called SIP trunk is the successor to the ISDN connection. SIP stands for the network protocol used and trunk means as much as trunk line. The classic breakdown into two connections (data and voice) no longer exists. One connection (SIP trunk) covers all services (voice, data, video).
- What is the Next Generation Network (NGN for short)?
Basically, NGN describes a network that replaces the previously separate circuit-switching telecommunication networks (including telephone networks, mobile radio and cable TV networks) with a single, comprehensive and packet-switching network infrastructure.
What do I have to do if I am contacted?
Honestly? Call us!
If you receive a call instead of a letter, put the nice representative off by saying that you would like to speak to your service provider first. Don't worry, they'll call you again. Let's talk about it in peace and clarify questions that could be as follows:
- Which services and functions can still be used?
- What happens to fax machines, hazard warning systems or the elevator emergency call?
- Do all (even small) locations have to be equipped with SIP trunk connections?
- How do internal bandwidths behave when voice data also has to be transmitted?
- Can additional features (video, desktop sharing, conferencing) be used?
Is it enough if I switch to IP in 2018?
There are a few providers who will continue to offer ISDN connections after 2018. However, the main network will inevitably focus on All-IP. At this point in time you still have enough lead time to analyze your own network and develop a coherent SIP trunk strategy. In 2018 it will be too late for that. A provider check on the user-specific situation is essential and ideally now. The T.E.D. As an independent provider with extensive experience in all areas of the changeover to SIP trunking, com GmbH is exactly the right contact for you.
What about IP telephony security?
A question, the solution of which is currently being discussed in the market. Every provider (Telekom, Vodafone, QSC, etc.) already provides a so-called with an All-IP connection "Session Border Controller" (short: SBC) to disposal. At its core, an SBC is a kind of special firewall at the provider level. With the provision of SBC functions by the provider, depending on the telecommunications system, not all technical and logical problems and security risks have been eliminated. For this reason, a "Enterprise Session Border Controller (short: E-SBC) switched into the connection to the VoIP telephone system.
However, not every E-SBC can be introduced into the SIP trunk. In order to effectively implement the ideal functions, the IT and TC departments must work together seamlessly.
The demands on modern telecommunication solutions are varied. In addition to ensuring that they work, the systems should also be easy to use for people and ideally compatible with existing systems such as the door intercom.
In order to make you an offer, we agree an appointment with you. We can advise you in advance and respond to your individual requirements. These vary greatly depending on the size and type of company. After the appointment you will receive a non-binding offeron the basis of which you can decide.
- Are the native Japanese against immigration?
- Why are Filipinos so hospitable
- What special do you have planned for today
- What do you miss as an entrepreneur
- What kind of girls do boys dislike
- Why is DBZ so racist
- You can go on without accepting mistakes
- What technology does Slack use
- What are all the skills of the telecommunications domain
- Why should we respect other religions
- Did you date a shy man?
- What is conceptually the most difficult math subject
- What is the basis of natural law
- DoorDash pocket his worker tips
- What is the personality of an INTP
- How do you make your chest rounder
- What do the Turks think of the Chinese
- The Chinese like this song
- What are the cost of living for students in Switzerland
- What are interhalogen compounds 2
- Will humanity change
- How am I supposed to overcome my shy nature
- Why do people have to be free
- Religion makes Africans poor