The difference between earth and life
The earth is on average 149 million km from the sun. Its diameter is 12,756 km. It takes the earth a little over 365 days to go around the sun once. We call such a revolution of the earth around the sun a year, a revolution of the earth around itself we call a day.
In contrast to all other planets, the earth has an atmosphere that we can breathe. It consists of 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen, which is vital for us, as well as for most of all other living things on earth. The atmosphere also filters out the sun's UV radiation, which would otherwise be fatal to most life.
As with Venus, the atmosphere creates a greenhouse effect that makes the earth habitable for us in the first place. Because of it, the temperatures on earth are moderate compared to the other planets. However, extreme values of below −80 degrees occur in the Antarctic and above +50 degrees in some desert areas.
The surface of the earth has been extensively mapped and is constantly being explored. Three quarters of the earth's surface are covered by the water that forms the three oceans, only a quarter is solid land. The country is divided into 6 continents, or 7 if you look at North and South America separately. The continents are enormously diverse. The highest mountain on earth is 8,848 m high, the greatest sea depth is over 12,000 m.
As far as we know today, the earth is the only planet that has life. Although there are well-founded assumptions about life on other planets, no extraterrestrial life has actually been discovered either inside or outside the solar system.
The earth has a large moon that causes ebb and flow. In relation to its size, it is the largest moon in the solar system. It is also unusual in other respects, e.g. its orbit does not lie in the equatorial plane of the earth, in contrast to almost all other moons in the solar system. The moon is also the only celestial body that humans have ever set foot on.
- Where do the Chinese live and work
- Is Islam a forced religion
- Why are some words in ASL written with fingers?
- What went wrong in India
- Chinese Muslims are smart
- India is the most racist country
- What makes a window energy efficient
- Are there alternative endings to Avengers Endgame
- How do you frame a diamond painting?
- What is digital factory
- What should children do when parents fight
- What if China took over the world?
- Why is flooring important
- What is GKGS
- Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated
- Why did Winter Soldier kill Stark's parents
- What if we were all racing
- How hot can an incinerator get
- Most companies are not suitable for introverts
- Why is Afghanistan so invincible
- Can we become addicted to learning
- Is a fish amphibian
- Wild chickens can fly
- What makes Nike shoes good
- What do you think of whites
- What is IMAX
- Which is the king of the mangoes
- Where were Britain's first overseas colonies
- What natural disasters is Australia prone to?
- What are the challenges facing an entrepreneur
- Who designed Marina Bay Sands uniform
- What were your strangest dreams
- How do organic keywords rank
- Do they have McDonalds in America too