Are ESL teachers paid more
Erasmus Plus funding opportunities
Erasmus + funding measures for language teachers
Erasmus + is the European program to promote skills and employability through education, training, youth and sport. Between 2014 and 2020, the programs will offer more than 4 million Europeans the opportunity to study abroad, gain further training, gain work experience and volunteer. From 2014, the program will also affect the training of teachers who had previously been part of the “Lifelong learning“[Lifelong Learning] - (Comenius, Leonardo, Grundtvig and Socrates) was funded.
Erasmus + Key Action No. 1 - Mobility of Individuals
Key Action No. 1 of Erasmus + alone accounts for 63% of the total Erasmus + budget. It supports the mobility of students and employees. Under the name "Mobility for School Staff“[School staff mobility] also includes teachers who want to train and / or gain professional experience in another country.
Why is this funding available?
The EU has set itself the goal that every citizen should speak at least two foreign languages. This in turn would mean that a mobile and international job market could be created and cultural understanding between the EU members could be strengthened. Lack of language skills are one of the most important barriers to participation in European education, training and youth programs.
Better educated teachers provide better input for students, interns, apprentices, schoolchildren, adult learners, youth and volunteers. For the teachers themselves, the training offers an increase in motivation and satisfaction in their everyday teaching.
Therefore, the EU pays for travel and training for Europeans, provided certain criteria are met.
What can be funded?
- Teaching abroad
- Employee training abroad, including structured courses and training, observation programs and observations in a partner school
Employee mobility activities can last between 2 days and 2 months (excluding travel time).
Erasmus + application process for funding measures
- 1. Make sure your school is listed in your national department of education database and has a reference number.
- 2. If this is not the case for your school, draw up a European development plan (see below). This should describe the goals for development and education at your school for the next year or two years and how these goals are in line with the European goals.
- 3. Register your organization with ECAS (European Commission Authentication Service)
- 4. Register your organization in the participant portal as well. Here you will receive your unique 9-digit PIC code (PIC = Participant Identification Code).
- 5. Download, save and complete the electronic school staff mobility application form.
- 6. Submit your application online and before the registration deadline.
The person responsible for organizing participation in Erasmus + is usually the head of your school or the person responsible for training and developing staff. This differs from the previous Comenius system in which individuals could apply regardless of their school.
European development plan
- What needs does the organization have in terms of quality development and internationalization? Please identify the most important areas for improvement (e.g. management skills, staff skills, new teaching methods or teaching aids, European dimension, language skills, curriculum, teaching and learning organization).
- Please outline the organization's plan for European actions on mobility and cooperation and explain how these actions can help meet the needs identified.
- Please explain how your organization will bring the skills and experience acquired by the employees into the project and into future strategic development.
- Will be your organization for your mobility project eTwinning (the platform for teachers in Europe)? If so, describe how.
Applications for funding measures in 2016 must be received before May 19, 2016.Mobility measures can be taken from June to December of the application year.
How much support can I apply for?
Your school must apply for the total amount necessary to implement all of the training courses listed in the European Development Plan. The money will cover the cost of courses, travel, and living and accommodation abroad.
- What are the effects of the social movement
- Dear men women in tights
- When do you know someone
- What is the future of sustainable architecture
- Are freshwater pearls real?
- Why is Bertrand Russell so highly regarded
- How can I learn jewelry management
- What is a compensation package
- How much is your online business worth
- What is sentic computing
- Rodrigo Duterte is a psychopath
- Which ERP is free
- David de Gea will be leaving next year
- What instruments can BTS play
- What is a diamond boiling point
- Which health insurance is good
- Why do UPI transactions often fail?
- How can we suddenly die
- How do you see asexuality
- Where exactly is Vasuki Tal located
- FedEx delivers on Sundays
- Are hot tubs considered a pool
- What are Hindu and Hindutva
- What kind of bike do you have