What is the global innovation index
Global Innovation Index 2020: Solutions to Cope with the COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the considerable economic consequences, many companies are faced with the challenge of having to develop innovations quickly, even with reduced budgets. Smaller companies and start-ups in particular do not benefit from government support measures, but have to find solutions independently. This is the subject of the latest Global Innovation Index (GII) report “Who is financing innovation?”. As in previous years, Dassault Systèmes supports the GII as a knowledge partner and enabler for innovation, with case studies and in the preparation of recommendations.
The> Global Innovation Index has been published annually since 2007 and serves decision-makers from politics and business around the world as a guide for developing new approaches and innovations. The GII evaluates 131 country and economic profiles, supported by well-known partners who, thanks to their expertise, can make a valuable contribution to the identification and promotion of innovation.
Particularly gratifying from a German point of view: With Munich (23rd place), the Isar metropolis made it into the 25 most innovative cities in the world. According to the report, the high quality of the universities and the distinctive corporate culture speak for Munich. These qualifications make the city particularly relevant when it comes to dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. In the opinion of the GII, start-ups have a special position: The agile innovative strength is of great importance especially now when solutions for health and social challenges have to be developed in the shortest possible time.
In the separate analysis of the areas of “science and technology”, Munich was able to achieve an even better result: in 15th place, the metropolis is one of the top addresses for researchers all over the world. The Nuremberg-Erlangen city region also took another top position with 19th place and underlines the importance of Germany as a science location in a global comparison. Germany also ranks third in the world after the USA and China with 10 science and technology clusters. The GII assessed the leading role in the registration of patents as well as the top positions in the areas of logistics and investment in research and development as particularly positive.
Link to the full Global Innovation Index 2020 - "Who Funds Innovations?"
- How can conservatives support LGBT people
- How does Asana track candidate recruitment
- How useful Britain was in World War II
- Why are most professional boxers not torn apart
- Are diamonds sold at Walmart
- Have you ever used pepper spray
- What does communist ideology demand
- Can the human brain compute quantum algorithms
- Is there a cure for all diseases
- Why are Filipinos brown
- Let ideas help solve societal problems
- Why would anyone want to become a bird watcher?
- How did MrBeast make his money
- Can jewelers charge extra credit cards
- What happens to startups during a recession
- Donald Trump has a charming personality
- How are Buddhist prayer beads used?
- How is life without a degree
- What basic advice saved your life
- What things are influencing Sikhism these days
- How bed bugs can be killed
- How cold can Hawaii get? Why
- Austin TX Where the Jobs at
- What are SME Loans
- Which degree should I get at the university?
- Why do you love Hoeschen
- What is your favorite Harry Potter character?
- DoorDash pocket his worker tips
- What is it like to live in Tunisia
- Why is work cheaper in Mexico
- Who was Slav in history
- How do I learn while traveling
- After engineering, can I establish international relationships?
- How are Sumerians and Jews similar?