How many people don't use Facebook
Target group analysis: who actually uses Facebook?
According to its own information, in June 2017 the social media platform had over two billion active users worldwide for the first time. According to Facebook, an active user is anyone who is active on the platform at least once a month. Civey took a closer look at this target group. In doing so, we paid particular attention to those characteristics and interests in which the typical Facebook user differs significantly from the general population.
A quarter of Germans are on Facebook at least every day
24.7 percent of Germans are on the social media platform “every day” or even “several times a day”. 6.9% use Facebook “several times a week”, 3.8 percent “once a week” and still 2.4 percent “several times a month”. We have summarized these answer options for our target group of active users *.
## Facebook users are young, single and study more often than the average
26.5 percent of active Facebook users are between 18 and 29 years old. That is around 10 percent more than the national German average. 18 percent are between 30 and 39 years old and another 18.2 percent are between 40 and 40 years old. With 21.4 percent active users for their age group, 50 to 64-year-olds are represented on Facebook much less frequently than in the general population (26.6%). Those over 65 make up only around 16 percent of active Facebook users.
In contrast to age, the genders are represented relatively evenly on Facebook. 50.3 percent of the active users are men, 49.7 percent are women.
The proportion of single Facebook users is 41.4 percent, well above the national average (29.8 percent). On the other hand, married people are clearly underrepresented on Facebook at 50.7 percent (61.9% in the total population).
In addition, the typical Facebook user is twice as likely to be a student (6.9%) compared to the total population (3.4%) and - not particularly surprising due to the age distribution - much less often in retirement (13.7% compared to 20, 6% in all of Germany).
The typical Facebook user plays computer games, loves series and listens to rock and pop music
Active Facebook users can also be found on other social media around twice as often as the average population. 24.3 percent are also active Instagram users (12% in the total population), 19.5 percent actively use Twitter (10.7% in the total population).
The typical Facebook user also listens to the radio a little less than the average German: 20.9 percent of Facebook users never listen to the radio, in Germany as a whole it is 17.3 percent. On the other hand, active Facebook users play games on the computer or on the console more often: 39.7 percent play computer games at least once a month, compared to 33.6 percent in the general population.
The most popular TV formats include series: 22.4 percent of Facebook users prefer to watch series, compared to only 15.3 percent of the general population. News broadcasts, on the other hand, are less popular in the Facebook community (29.1%) than the national German average (34.9%).
Rock and pop music is the most popular music genre among active users (50.2%). Classical music (14.9%), on the other hand, is much less popular than in the general population (21.2%).* For the Civey target group of active Facebook users, only German citizens aged 18 and over who are eligible to vote were taken into account. The results relate to a period from February 13, 2018 to March 13, 2018.
- What is the national integration day
- Is to hate yourself a mental illness
- Makes someone artistic to be creative
- Why is Norway so rich
- Spread hand dryer germs
- Can be gold plated with stainless steel
- When will we cure all diseases
- Which states share a Supreme Court?
- Low blood pressure causes drowsiness and fatigue
- How often do children inherit bipolar disorder
- Which people have the largest penis
- Are you a happy person in general?
- Why did India invade China in 1962?
- What is a mid-life crisis
- What is the best concentration in electrical engineering
- What happened to textsheet com
- Why are the ancient Egyptian emperors not black
- How many trophies does Manchester United have
- Where can I find free pallets
- Are strong muscles genetically determined
- What are some interesting things that you had in mind
- What is the origin of badminton
- Why are Swarovski engagement rings so expensive
- Why is the death penalty not considered murder?