What is health care management
health: Inexpensive healthcare administration
Vienna. In the context of the so-called efficiency study on the Austrian social security system, people often speak of "confusion" and "inefficiency". An OECD report "How to limit senseless spending in the health care system" (Tackling Wasteful Spending on Health) published in early 2017 gives health insurance companies good marks: only 2.8 percent of revenues flow into administration.
"A significant proportion of health care spending in OECD countries is, if you look at it in the most positive or negative way, simply wasted. One in ten patients has side effects that are preventable. More than ten percent of hospital stays are for them Correct damage again. Many patients receive unnecessary or poor care. A significant part of the emergency admissions in hospitals would have been just as good or better within the framework of primary health care (resident doctor, local networks of doctors, specialists and, more recently in Austria, also primary health -Care centers, note) ", according to the OECD. In some cases, self-treatment would have been appropriate.
The privately insured
pay a higher percentage
In the current health policy discussion in Austria, data on the administrative expenses of the health insurances and / or the partly state health care in other countries could be of interest. The efficiency study on the Austrian social security system, which has apparently already been delivered by the authors but has not yet been presented to the public, makes a significant contribution to this. Austria is not doing so badly here. On the basis of data from 2014, the OECD assumes in the report that administrative costs account for 2.8 percent of revenues. In Switzerland, which is comparable to Austria, this share is 4.3 percent, in Slovenia it is also 2.8 percent. In the UK public health system, the figure is 1.6 percent. In the Netherlands, with its often praised primary care structures, administrative costs account for 4.1 percent. The share of administrative costs in private insurance is interesting. In Austria, according to the OECD report, only 69.3 percent of the funds paid into private health insurance can reach the insured (administrative costs: 31.7 percent). This puts the Austrian private insured in third from last place after Great Britain (31.8 percent) and Spain (32 percent administrative costs). In Switzerland it is only 16.8 percent. "Administrative costs for private insurances are much higher than for public (also nationalized pension systems, note) health insurances", according to the OECD.
Expensive systems with payments from various sources
But: "Systems with financing from a single source have less administrative costs than systems with payments from different sources." The latter "evil" applies to Austria with the financing of resident medicine by the health insurances (through insurance contributions) and the hospitals by the federal states. Systems with the option of choosing between different health insurances would also have higher administrative costs. According to the head of the main association, Alexander Biach, the social insurance companies are even expecting savings of around 120 million euros per year in the administrative area from 2021, 80 million of which from Elga applications.
- Rusts rebar in concrete
- Is JG Wentworth a rip off
- Why is flogging legal in the US
- How do paramedics deal with death
- How are the Manchester United fans
- What is an Education Loan
- What are some examples of biodegradable plastics
- Why is the fear of failure so strong
- What makes you unique in your life
- What are the uses of an ACH
- Why can't Canada stop illegal immigration?
- Did your parents give up on you
- Why are software developers smart
- What are the classics of literature
- Why is healing important
- Are women equipped for challenges
- How can we buy wedding cards online
- How long are normal buses
- How do I get computer literacy
- How are victims of abuse set up for abuse
- What's your favorite conversation in Kannada
- What color are school buses in Australia
- How do investment banks make their money
- Is life important
- How is an electric current created
- What does a 777 tattoo mean
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest
- How does a cell process sugar
- Why does my mother hate me 1
- Who was King Bharata
- How much do truck dispatchers earn
- Why is ethics important in research
- Technology really improves your productivity
- What would happen if the permafrost melted?