Chinese Muslims are smart
Re-education camp for Muslim Uyghurs legalized in Xinjiang
Beijing - The Chinese region of Xinjiang has legalized its internationally highly controversial re-education camps for Muslims. A change in the law by their parliament, which became known on Wednesday, will allow authorities to "educate and transform" people classified as extremist in training centers.
The new law allows detention without trial. "Through ideological education against extremism, psychological treatment and behavioral corrections, the transformation of the inmates should be promoted so that they can return to society and their families."
Beijing defends camp
"Fighting and preventing terrorism and taking measures against extremism will help maintain social stability and the well-being of all ethnic groups in Xinjiang," Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told the press in Beijing on Friday. He resisted interference and "lies and false accusations" from abroad.
Human rights activists and UN experts had sharply criticized the mass imprisonment of members of the Uighurs. According to the UN Committee to Combat Racial Discrimination, hundreds of thousands are to be incarcerated in the camps, some of them without trial. China has denied its existence and only talked about vocational training centers. Most of the time there are people who are guilty of minor offenses.
More than 20 million Muslims live in China. The two largest groups are the Hui and Uighur minorities, each with around ten million members. The Chinese Communist Party has always used massive reprisals against the Uyghur independence movement.
Suppression and surveillance are said to have intensified significantly since 2016. Several hundred labor camps are said to have been built. Human rights organizations assume that human rights violations are routine. Torture, ill-treatment and indoctrination are complained about. (APA, red, October 11, 2018)
- How to sell fashion accessories with us
- Which country has a really great flag?
- How can I start a healthcare startup
- Are there any monolingual French speakers in Canada?
- Bangladesh is militant
- How did Justine Musk meet Elon Musk
- How many hours does Donald Trump work
- What is the importance of political education
- What is ANM
- How Much Equity for Non-Founding Execs
- Have you ever been to the Philippines
- What are the benefits of e-tickets
- Does Islam justify violence and terrorism
- Which is the best SBI debit card
- Which string instrument has the greatest range
- How influential is the RT channel
- Introverts can become successful actresses
- Is it profitable to sell wedding cards online?
- Why are illegal immigrants allowed to vote?
- My Google home page records my conversations
- Beauty privilege is real
- How is Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- What is a moral choice
- What talent or skills are worth developing
- Is American health insurance affordable for you?
- What are the properties of asbestos
- What is God 31
- Is marijuana use legal in Alaska?
- Is Xi Jinping a homosexual
- Which countries are Syria's closest allies?
- What makes girls love a man
- A woman can be terrifyingly beautiful