How can social media end your relationship
Social networks could be the end of your relationship
Last update: April 17, 2017
Gustavo Cerati once said "That the seduction almost never lies where you think." It seems like there is a similar effect on social networks. After all, they are not only a means of contact, but also a means of breakups and the end of relationships. Is it possible that social networks have become weapons of mass destruction in terms of relationships?
According to various studies, it looks like it led to millions of divorces. This is not an exaggeration. Let's not forget that we make a large part of our private life public when we interact through social networks.Facebook and Twitter feeds reveal the private lives of millions of people.
In addition, social networks have become a powerful means of communicating with people. Almost half of the population uses Facebook every day. It's scary when you think of the whole world. There are more than 1.5 billion users worldwide, although this number is limited primarily by restrictions on Internet access.
It's easy to see the power social networks have over our lives. For many people they have become irreplaceable.
Seduce speakers, words get us into corners.
Divorce caused by social networks
Although many studies have analyzed the influence of social networks on our lives, here we focus on a very specific one, the one in the renownedNorth American Journal of Psychology has been published.
According to new data it was Facebook the reason for around 28 million divorces around the world. This may seem like an exaggeration, but just a few years ago the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers confirmed these numbers when they reported that Facebook was the cause of 20% of divorces in the United States.
So far we have only focused on Facebook as it is the most important social network in the world today. But remember that there are many more: Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, and so on. Some users have even resorted to these networks to end their romantic relationships.
Why do social networks trigger divorces?
If your relationship is very solid and you have an appropriate attitude towards social networks, then nothing will happen. So these numbers don't necessarily have to alarm you. However, there are certain factors that influence the interaction of social networks and relationships.
We're going back to numbers, and this time it's about studies of the use of social networks to find casual or serious relationships. According to a well-known magazine, 58% of the men surveyed and 80% of the women surveyed use social networks to find dates.
It seems that couples whose relationship is coming to an end, who have not taken care of them or who are otherwise unhappy find a way on social networks to meet people and start friendships that can become more. But there are also other reasons:
- The constant torrent of information shows users that there is no reason to remain in an unhappy relationship. Social networks present a lot of attractive, eye-catching and compatible profiles. They are a window to a world full of charms.
- According to various studies on relationships tolerance to problems has decreased. With so much information, it's easier to come up with quick options than to mature a relationship and deepen feelings for a particular person.
- Insecurity is another big factor that leads to breakups. Excessive control over the other person is increased because you can see their posts, when they log in, their photos, and their interactions. This leads to a certain mistrust and fear that worsen communication and mutual respect.
- Constant exposure to other potential partners can be another reason to end a relationship. Your relationship may be very solid, but on social networks you can get in touch with many people who are similar to you. Be it looking for an adventure or a date. Many of these are very persuasive, so you should make your intentions very clear to avoid falling into potentially dangerous nets.
Social networks are not about websites. It's about experiences.
It is clear that social networks have changed our view of the world, which also includes romantic relationships. If not viewed with caution and common sense, they can cause uncertainty, fear, or sadness. So take good care of the person by your side and remember that social networks are entertainment, not a way of life.You might be interested in ...
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are fooling people
- Canada has 10 or 13 provinces
- How do you compare Gmail to Inbox
- How pure is a 3 carat diamond
- Why should you become a corporate attorney
- Agree to the deportation of illegal immigrants
- Supports John Cate Christian Fascism
- Why is my C ++ program not working properly
- How do video game leaks occur
- What is the Zamzam water chemical formula
- BiTDAX Global is a legitimate company
- Why is the death penalty not considered murder?
- What do the Bhutanese think of Bangladesh
- What is the best glaucoma treatment
- Society was better 50 60 years ago
- Bangladeshi girls wear bikinis or swimsuits
- Have Muslims condemned ISIS
- How fast do karts go
- What are Folexin Hair Growth Reviews
- What is meant by patriotism 1
- Damage to the hippocampus can be reversed
- Allow the US to vote prisoners
- How does Hinduism work
- Reiki heals depression