What percentage of women wear bras?
It has to be straightforward, practical and convenient. And should preferably be white or black. We're talking about underwear that women in Germany prefer. Transparent or yellow is rather unpopular, while lace is favored by at least every second woman.
This was the result of the study "TW-KonsumFokus Bodywear Women", which examined the buying and wearing behavior of women for underwear in the Federal Republic of Germany. It shows over 40 target groups which styles and colors they prefer for underwear, what prices they are willing to pay for panties, bras, bodysuits and camisoles, where and how they buy their underwear, how important the brand is and which brands are most likely to be bought from them.
Women want comfortable, beautiful and inexpensive underwear
An average woman owns 24 briefs, as well as six undershirts and eleven bras. 15 percent of women get laundry from their partner as a gift. 81 percent of the younger respondents under 30 and 55 percent of those over 50 own top lingerie. 44 percent wear a push-up bra at least occasionally. Twelve percent rarely or never use a bra, and more so when they are older.
The study also came to the result that more and more women wear sportswear in everyday life. "Especially in jobs in which they move a lot, they appreciate the added value of sports bras and breathable functional underwear," the study found.
Above all, a good bra should fit comfortably, but almost half of customers find it difficult to find the right model for them from the system of cup sizes and underbust sizes; every second has therefore already sought advice.
The study estimates that laundry is still mainly bought in department stores - perhaps precisely because of the need for advice. Department stores, however, are losing customers; almost two thirds of women now sometimes buy panties, bras or bodies online because they are cheaper there.
German customers save on price: they only spend an average of 14 euros on new briefs and 35 euros on a new bra; often it is only 9 euros for a pair of briefs and 25 euros for a bra. The most popular lingerie brands are Triumph, Schiesser, Lascana and Passionata.
The basis of the consumer focus “Bodywear Women” is a nationwide online representative survey of more than 1000 women, which was carried out in March 2019 by the Cologne market research institute Respondi on behalf of TextilWirtschaft.
Photos: Triumph Amourette / Triumph website; popular Schiesser styles / Schiesser website
- Are narcissistic men really misogynistic?
- Is it safe to join a startup?
- Which city is called Paris of India
- How has social media affected us?
- What is the Pukhraj stone useful for?
- FASTag is free
- What are the advantages of the following trends
- How do I plan my studies
- Ever buy yourself birthday presents
- Who can wear a purity ring
- How common is lesbian rape
- The Chinese bicycle divides in a bubble
- What is the king of chemicals
- How do I transfer money with cell
- What is the limit for check deposits
- Is TED Talk profitable
- Is Bombay an overcrowded city?
- How does religion affect our society?
- How does GoCar compare to GrabCar
- How is the weather in Brittany in France
- Is he shy or uncomfortable around me
- Distance learning is good
- How does the black marketing of gold work?
- Chinese Muslims are smart
- Do you mind being old?
- Where should I eat in Ottawa
- Should children be allowed to wear bandanas
- Indian IT is stronger than China's
- Why do we have problems in life
- Which movie scene confused you
- What has the feminist movement achieved
- Why do bikers call it a cut
- Usually buy clothes online
- What makes the architecture of the church so sacred