What are some nursing interventions for pneumonia
Inflammation of the lungs (pneumonia)
- Top Topics
hay feverThe nose is runny, the eyes itchy: Spring is not a good time for hay fever sufferers. What you can do.
Go outsideOvercoming your weaker self: We have 10 arguments for you why you should exercise outdoors.
Breast cancerBreast cancer is the most common cancer in women. If it is recognized in time, the chances of treatment are good.
- Diseases & Symptoms
- Prevention & Health
nutritionA healthy and balanced diet supports the immune system and can protect against many diseases.
Fitness and wellnessSport and relaxation are good for body and soul. The best fitness exercises, tips for skin and hair and relaxation for the soul.
Skin careProper skin care should be tailored to the individual skin type. What do you have to consider?
- Age & care
Health in old ageMuch changes in old age. You can find information and tips on the topics of sexuality, sport and avoiding falls here.
Advice and help in everyday lifeWhat should you watch out for when driving, how do you adapt your apartment to your age? The following information about tools, legal and counseling services.
Care, Finance & LawThe number of people needing care increases. You can find out everything you need to know about long-term care insurance, retirement homes and rehabilitation here.
- Homeopathy & Naturopathy
Medicinal plant lexiconMedicinal plants help against many ailments - the knowledge about the effects of the plants has often been passed down over millennia.
Homeopathic remediesHomeopathic remedies have been used to naturally support health and wellbeing for over 200 years.
Bach flowersEssences of Bach flower should have a harmonizing effect. The teaching according to Dr. Bach says that diseases can be cured by it.
- Videos & self-tests
Everyone knows a common cold with a cough, runny nose, maybe hoarseness and headache. But what if it gets more serious? If dangerous pathogens enter the body via the respiratory tract, it can lead to pneumonia.
Pneumonia can be acute or chronic. In the common infectious pneumonia, pathogens that enter the lungs when inhaled cause the inflammation. Rare causes of pneumonia include irritant gases or radiation.
What is the risk of pneumonia?
Certain people are particularly at risk of developing pneumonia: People who have a serious underlying disease - such as heart failure, a tumor, kidney disease or lung disease. In addition, all people over the age of 60 and residents are generally at an increased risk.
How is pneumonia noticeable?
Typical symptoms of pneumonia in young, otherwise healthy people are suddenly joined by fever, chills, shortness of breath, purulent coughed up secretion and sometimes chest pain in addition to the normal cold symptoms. Pneumonia in old age, on the other hand, often begins very inconspicuously and insidiously without these classic symptoms. A change in personality, confusion or a sudden tendency to fall can be the only signs of this threatening disease.
Early therapy is important
Since pneumonia can be fatal, especially for older people, despite modern treatment methods, it is crucial to recognize this disease early on and treat it with antibiotics.
- Author: Dr. med. Kathrin Fahl, Charité, University Medicine - Berlin; medical quality assurance: Cornelia Sauter, doctor.
- Swell: Basic textbook internal medicine, H. Renz-Polster, J. Braun, Urban & Fischer, Munich / Jena, 4. 2011 edition
- Epidemiological Bulletin (RKI), Edition No. 2 (2010): Influenza-Associated Secondary Bacterial Pneumonia - Significance, Mechanism and Therapy
You might also be interested in:
- How does slang develop in sign language
- What is personal computing
- Are girls shy about expressing their feelings?
- Which Masjid is the richest in India
- What are the only guarantees in life
- The hand disinfectant runs out
- Where should I study luxury brand management
- How do you approach a manufacturer
- How much data is used while surfing
- Does the blue race really exist?
- What is cosmic pluralism
- Should I do an MBA abroad?
- Why don't I care about money?
- Can a dog kill a coyote
- What does your local pub look like
- What should I eat in Ahmedabad
- Alibaba is considered a foreign stock
- How are opportunity costs related to scarcity?
- Can I train myself vocal classically
- The size of sterling silver rings can be changed
- Who invented the steampunk genre
- At what age do I stop growing up?
- Who is Hip Hop King in India
- Why are most Russian men so tough
- What is an SME in India
- How to buy a ring
- Why don't Americans enjoy watching foreign films?
- Is c ++ better than c without STL
- Is Entity Framework an ORM
- Why are some people such mysterious families
- Why is socialism often brought into conflict with authoritarianism?
- What is static load analysis
- What does not religious mean
- How comfortable looks for you