Emergency exit doors can be locked
Escape door locks are all construction products that are used to open escape doors. They must allow the doors to be opened at any time from the inside and by anyone. Some local regulations and special building regulations allow exceptions outside of operating hours, provided it is ensured that no one is in a building. For reasons of security against break-ins, even the escape doors can then be locked. Always under the condition that the locking cannot be activated as long as people are in the building. However, the problem-free and safe escape route (hazard safety) always has the highest priority. With regard to security against burglary, no compromises should be made that could have negative effects on security.
When planning a building, the escape routes and thus the escape doors must be determined. In addition, it must be checked whether further requirements are placed on these doors; for example, whether it is a fire protection closure. In this case, the doors are generally to be equipped with locks that keep the door closed for fire protection purposes even when the power is off. The installation of escape door locks is of course possible, both as a main lock and as an additional lock. If the escape door lock is used as an additional lock, it must work according to the closed-circuit principle.
When choosing escape door locks, you have to choose between Panic door locks and Emergency exit locks to decide. If a room is designed for many people, panic door locks should generally be provided. If there are usually few people in a room, emergency exit locks are sufficient. Because of the different technical solutions, it is essential to determine which situations are likely to be expected.
With large crowds - if a fire breaks out in cinemas, concert halls, etc. - there is a high probability that many of these people will behave irrationally. People in such a panic situation must be able to find and use the escape door locks without prior knowledge of the location and without the aid of tools or keys. Panic door locks must be designed in such a way that they work safely even in extreme situations so that panicked people can leave the building safely.
When a smaller number of people are involved, there is usually no panic in dangerous situations. This applies in particular if these people are familiar with the premises, the emergency exits and the functioning of the escape door locks. But emergency exits must also be able to be opened without the aid of a special tool or key, since these aids may not be available in an emergency.
In principle, in addition to the regulations and building regulations of the national authorities and fire protection agencies, the new European standards for panic door and emergency exit devices must be taken into account.
Expertise on the subject
Emergency exit / escape route
Emergency exit locks
Mechanical emergency exit locksA mechanical emergency exit lock according to EN 179 is a mechanism that can be used ...
Emergency exit / escape route
Panic door locks
The mechanical panic door lock according to the Euro standard EN 1125 is a mechanism that is suitable for buildings in which ...
- Which stone is best for Virgo
- Why do parents discourage their children
- What documents are required for a visit to Canada?
- What is preferred presentation on wedding invitation
- Why did Buddha reject Hinduism
- How do advertising agencies manage competing accounts?
- How did you celebrate Daslakshan Parv 2019
- What do Filipino values mean
- Why did Eminem become more popular
- Which city is the most beautiful
- What is the fee structure for SRM
- Why was the Vietnam War a failure
- Why is the Catholic Church so opulent
- Malaysia will establish relations with Israel
- Who is Jesus for you
- Who are the 25 best YouTubers
- What delays the lights on?
- Why are the breasts sagging?
- What makes men want to meet other men
- Why do Mexicans want to leave Mexico
- Who is mighty Thor or Superman
- December 26th is a public holiday in Canada
- Who is the Most Skilled Pakistani Ever
- What happened to batman
- Guyanese are Latinos and Latinas
- A tight bra increases the size of the chest
- Why is the state school better
- National anthems use multiple languages
- I want to die, but like 2
- What has the feminist movement achieved
- How do companies determine the equilibrium prices
- Does an MBA have any value through correspondence?
- How do nurses work 24-hour shifts