How can I crash a website
Windows 10: Simple link crashes PCs with a BSOD
Entering a special link in the browser can crash Windows 10. Microsoft has known the problem for months.
With a simple "trick" any Windows 10 PC with a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD for short) can be brought to a crash. All you have to do is enter a special link or path in Chrome. In our test, after entering the link in Microsoft's Chromium-based Edge browser, we were also able to successfully crash the Windows 10 computer ...
Windows 10 Pro for only 40 euros in the PC-WELT software shop
The problem was discovered by Windows security expert Jonas Lykkegaard, who also discovered another previously unpatched bug in Windows 10 that can damage NTFS partitions (we reported recently).
To crash the Windows 10 PC, just enter the following line in Chrome or Edge and then press Enter:
\. \ globalroot \ device \ condrv \ kernelconnect
(Note: Just believe us that the computer actually crashes after entering this line in Chrome / Edge. We have intentionally not linked the link and it should not be shared as a link with other users.)
Lykkegaard is now making the problem public after informing Microsoft about the problem in several attempts since October 2020 and no corresponding patch for Windows 10 has yet been delivered. At least that's what Bleepingcomputer.com reports. Specifically, the vulnerability is in the Win32 device namespace path for the "console multiplex driver". Regardless of the user's rights, i.e. even without admin rights, calling up the path could cause the Windows 10 computer to crash. This is due to an incorrect error check of the connection attempt.
The crash bug could be used to annoy users. For example, by distributing the link on websites or calling it up in programs. However, the error could also be misused by potential attackers to crash the attacked computer after a security attack and thus make it more difficult to detect the attack.
A Microsoft spokesman told Bleepingcomputer that the problem was already being investigated and that a corresponding update for the affected Windows 10 versions would be delivered as soon as possible.
- Who is the father of German nationalism
- Is this profile actually Donald Trump
- Why do Mexicans want to leave Mexico
- Style is important
- Why does India have low cancer rates
- Can NASA recruit Pakistanis
- How to build a crowdfunding business
- What superheroes in Marvel can defeat Superman
- What are some good free animation programs
- How many Indians live in Brazil
- Requires WITH Sats
- Which artist has released the most albums?
- Are diamonds an investment
- What is the most terrible thing
- Why do we need anti-dumping laws
- Why are Biharis so fair
- What is static load analysis
- Why is FGM an intersectional problem
- English is the shortest language
- Binary trading is banned in the US
- What is negative motivation
- What is a brand identity trap
- Is white a color or a hue
- What does my first name mean