What will happen after Brexit?
Brexit: what does that mean for consumers?
What to consider when shopping online
When shopping online from a UK seller, here are some things to consider now:
Various EU consumer protection rights also apply to you when making purchases outside the European Union if foreign suppliers offer their goods in Germany: For example, you can return the purchased product within 14 days and are entitled to a refund of the purchase price. You are still entitled to at least two years of warranty on your product. And you are protected against unfair business practices such as advertising with false prices.
But be careful: If you buy from British online retailers who do not address customers directly in Germany - for example through advertising in Germany or a German-language website - then the EU consumer protection rules do not apply to you, but you are shopping under the British consumer protection rules. These rules are initially identical to the EU rules, but may change in the future.
Also important: It can be very difficult to enforce these rights outside the European Union in a dispute in court. Because in addition to a German court that may decide for you according to local regulations, a British court must always be called in, which will examine again - and may come to a different conclusion under British law. At the moment there are still European rights of withdrawal in Great Britain - after leaving the EU, however, Great Britain can set such standards differently. In the event of a conflict between consumers and retailers based in Great Britain, consumers will no longer be able to use the EU platform for online dispute resolution in the future. After Great Britain finally leaves the EU, the EU regulation on out-of-court dispute resolution and online dispute resolution no longer applies to Great Britain.
So when you buy more expensive online, you should really think twice about ordering from retailers outside the European Union. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact your consumer advice center.
- Why is communication important to you
- Can one narcissist defeat another narcissist
- What is good for lowering creatinine levels
- Why is heliocentric still a theory
- What are the best companies for internships
- Is Europe in Asia
- How do autistic people behave
- What is the importance of community participation
- What is Shakespeare's most tragic play
- The British Conservatives are capitalists
- When were the Egyptian pyramids built?
- How did Nithyananda fall
- Who is your favorite Republican leader
- How important are grades to you
- How do deer make noises
- How to say example in Vietnamese
- What do the Russians think of the Filipinos?
- How do you wear a promise ring
- Can US nationalism help underdeveloped countries?
- Has Canada ever given up liberalism
- Are the students at HKUST sociable?
- Why does it mean an afterlife
- Militant extremists are mostly Muslims
- What is a linguistic context
- Should women be allowed to get divorced
- Are German smarter than everyone else
- Are there white privileges in Mexico?
- What does editorial mean in fashion
- Which MBA specialization has the best internships
- What is a pre-departure visa
- Why do I feel like a fake
- Work psychiatric clinics in Canada
- What are the Canadian Work Visa Fees