Is 29 years too old for engineering
Part-time studies at the age of 30, 40 or 50?
You can not teach old dogs new tricks? Nonsense! It takes a little longer, but why shouldn't you do anything for the gray cells and personal and professional development at the age of 40 or 50?
You're never too old to study!
In many online forums one reads again and again the question from working people whether they are already too old to study at their age. These are people who are 30, 40 or 50 years old. There are even more extreme examples where people under the age of 30 ask if they are too old for distance learning or evening studies.
The advantage of part-time studies is that you can do it as a part-time job. Part-time studies are particularly suitable for people who work full-time and would also like to study. That's why you're still completely normal Integrated into working life, gathers work experience and can move up the career ladder. Or, as a user said in a forum: “I think employers appreciate the academic degree including many years of professional experience. It also shows that you are disciplined, goal-oriented and resilient. "
We just have to add a few numbers.
What do statistics actually say?
That also shows that you are rarely too old to study Distance learning statistics 2014. Although this is mainly about correspondence courses without an academic degree, the statistics show that “only” around 50% of the students are under 35 years of age.
A survey was also started in the Fernstudium-Infos.de forum. Although “only” 70 people took part, it can still be deduced that learning does not stop at 30.
Evening / distance learning at age 30
If there is one question that you don't really need to answer, it's whether you should start evening or distance learning at the age of 30. Naturally. Most of the time you stand only at the beginning of his career and in order to still have the necessary background knowledge in a few years.
By the way, at the Fernuni Hagen the main age is 29-35 years.
Evening / distance learning at 40
Even at 40 you are not yet at the end of the career ladder arrived. Right now, younger colleagues are often pushing towards their own job. You can defend yourself against this with your own professional experience and also with know-how. In addition, it is possible that now in companies that also respect academic degrees you bump into the glass ceiling and the colleague with a master's or MBA leaves me standing as a diploma or bachelor's degree.
Evening / distance learning at age 50
Things are getting tricky, of course. Do you want to learn more about controlling, marketing and statistics at the age of 50? Why not. Sure, it won't be easy and The new degree will not have an impact on the career of everyone have, but there are also personal motives, as one forum participant writes:
"So at 51 I'm clearly OVER 40. Professionally, of course, there's nothing left to do, but distance learning is still a lot of fun - I do it for myself."
Two questions to decide
When asked whether you should do something again for your gray matter and your career, two questions in particular help:
- How long will I still work, i.e. how long can new knowledge help me to work easier / better or to have a secure job?
- Do I "only" have a personal interest in the further training area, or does it help me, for example, to earn more money or to secure my current income?
Even if you are “already” 50, you still have around 10-15 years of work ahead of you. This is also a manageable time in which the financial investment can pay off again. Apart from the fact that many graduates are very proud of what they have achieved - that keeps them young personally and their own know-how up to date.
We wish you lots of fun and success with your part-time studies - regardless of your age!
- Is the sanitary part of the air conditioning system
- The RV insurance covers water damage
- Is the practice of religion superior to mankind
- When should I take amitriptyline for pain?
- Why are people against nepotism
- What is GSM in t-shirts
- Is RSS nationalistic or communal
- Sucker is a bad word in America
- Why didn't Australia become a republic?
- The Third Crusade conquered Jerusalem
- What's in vogue for spring 2018
- Can 3D printers print another earth?
- How does sexual whipping feel?
- What is a formal picture
- What is retribution and material justice
- Why are some newspapers against PM modes
- Are freelance jobs the best for college students
- How do languages change culture?
- Which dances were popular in the 1930s
- How do I get started with USACO
- Is related to Nehru and Jinnah
- Is Slidejoy a good app
- How has your summer been so far
- What are some good action school anime
- The United Nations Security Council serves only its permanent members
- Can someone become a successful YouTuber
- Why does sweat taste salty?
- Is it dangerous to live in Brazil?
- How do I use coupon codes online
- What are the best emotional anime
- India is only for Muslims
- Are my vitiligo and acid reflux related
- Is England a nation or a country?