Uses NASA 5G
With LTE to the moon - Nokia makes it possible
According to its own statements, Nokia has been chosen by the US space agency NASA to set up a cellular network on the moon. As the Finnish telecommunications company announced, this is the first time that an LTE / 4G communication system will be set up outside of the earth. The technology, which has been established for years, should help pave the way for a permanent human presence on the lunar surface. The network is to be set up by the end of 2022. Later it will be upgraded to the more modern 5G technology.
In 2024 NASA will send astronauts to the moon again - the telephone line has to be on by then
As part of the "Artemis" program, NASA wants to send astronauts to the moon again by 2024, including the first woman. A permanent settlement is to be built there by the end of the decade in order to research the earth's satellite even more closely than before.
Objective: to navigate in real time
Nokia works with the US space company Intuitive Machines. The joint network is intended to create communication options with reliable and high transmission rates, so that, for example, moon vehicles can be controlled remotely and high-resolution videos can be streamed. In addition, it should be possible to navigate in real time. These things are crucial so that people can be present on the moon in the long term, it said from Nokia. For NASA, all of this should ultimately provide insights for the next big step: sending astronauts to Mars.
nob / kle (rtr, dpa)
- Difference Between Self Esteem and Ego
- Can we grow plants without pesticides
- Can men live a year without sex?
- Should the Cecil Hotel be closed
- Lobbyists are paid as professionals
- Why is India lagging behind in infrastructure
- How are mental illnesses diagnosed
- What do the Russians think of the Filipinos?
- Babur was a Mongol
- What are the best Punjabi party songs
- Is the reality really real?
- What were Catelyn Stark's final thoughts
- How do I develop a deeper friendship
- Are girls shy about expressing their feelings?
- What's wrong with democracy
- Is Guru Gobind Singh ji a Muslim
- What if my dreams come true
- How does the WorldRemit transfer work
- Why do people have different eye colors
- Why is Putin so admired in China?
- Most people go to jail
- Gay people hate bisexuals
- Will Florida ever be a liberal state?
- Believe that life is suffering