Can we use Dettol soap on the face?
Stiftung Warentest : Sagrotan fails
A handshake or a door handle can be enough to catch germs, especially during the cold season. If you want to protect yourself from coughs, runny nose or flu, especially in winter, you should wash your hands thoroughly and regularly. Because this not only protects yourself, but also prevents the germs from spreading further.
Soap shouldn't be missing. Although water also removes dirt from your hands, bacteria and viruses are only partially removed in the process. The soap washes them away. “All parts of the hands should be carefully soaped, not just the back and inside of the hand, but also the fingers including the spaces in between. And then rinse off thoroughly after about 20 seconds, ”says Martin Exner, Director of the Institute for Hygiene and Public Health at the University of Bonn. He advises washing your hands several times a day, definitely after using the toilet, but also before cooking and eating.
But which soap is the best? The Stiftung Warentest has examined 16 liquid soaps, some of which promise special care, the removal of kitchen odors such as garlic, but also have antibacterial effects. The product testers checked how well the skin was enriched with moisture, the application (such as the spreadability), the handling (such as the dosage) and the declaration of the products.
The hands were cleaned with every soap in the test. The winner was the Nivea Soft Cream Soap, which was rated “very good”. It not only convinced the testers in terms of application, handling and declaration, but also best compensated for the moisture loss in the skin caused by hand washing. At 1.59 euros per 250 milliliters, it was also one of the more expensive soaps in the test. The products from Rewe and Penny also scored “good”. They only cost 65 cents per 500 milliliters. The other soaps did not get a better grade than "satisfactory" - including well-known brands such as Palmolive, Handsan and Fa.
Almost all of the liquid soaps in the test that promised antibacterial effects more or less complied with this. Except Sagrotan: The liquid soap advertises on the packaging with a bacteria reduction of 99.9 percent, but does not achieve this by far. That is why the testers rated the soap as the only product with the grade “poor”.
Hygienists like Exner are generally critical of antibacterial products, which are usually more expensive than liquid soaps from discount stores. "In the normal family household, cleaning your hands with normal soap is all you need," he says. In addition, there is a risk that the antibacterial products will develop resistant pathogens. If there are people in need of care or if there is an illness in the household, it is better to use alcohol-based disinfectants. According to the experts, they are significantly safer than antibacterial soaps.
The 500 people who tested the soaps also tested whether the products made kitchen smells disappear from their hands - such as the smell of onions or fish. Some soaps promise an extra "odor stop" on the packaging. But it is not worth spending more money on these products. Because all soaps remove odors equally well. The products in the test were all well tolerated. Nonetheless, contact with soap and water is an attack on the skin's protective layer of fat and moisture. Experts recommend that you apply lotion to your hands after washing.
- What do Russians think of Muslims
- How do slow-closing hinges work
- Which books are good for UPSC history?
- Which is better TCS CTS Infosys
- Why do some privileged children feel entitled
- Which Linux operating system should I use 1
- Which inland uses ships and how
- Why is Eritrea Africas called North Korea
- Now help someone Narendra Modi
- Can crack hydrochloric acid concrete
- Why do cameras need lenses
- Who does Zara belong to
- Is the Prophet Muhammad prophesied in the Bible
- How many types of diamonds are there
- What are the things that you enjoy
- How do I cancel my marriage certificate
- How common is sexual abuse in prison?
- Why is God called our Father?
- The current Indian youth is open-minded
- Will the shipping industry recover?
- Why was the Vietnam Veterans Memorial established
- Why are armpit hollows ticklish
- Why can you flush toilet paper
- What are China's advantages over India?