You can buy a new SIM card
Block, reorder and activate SIM
Find out how to block your SIM (e.g. if you have lost your mobile phone) and how to order and activate a new SIM card or eSIM online.
If you lose your mobile phone or additional device, you can easily block your SIM online in My Swisscom (customer center). This protects your device against misuse. Set up call forwarding so that you can still be reached. If you cannot block your SIM online, please contact us.
In the event of theft, report the loss to the police. To do this, you need the IMEI number of your device.
If you need a new SIM card for your main or additional device, you can easily order it online. You can pick up your new SIM card at any k kiosk or Press & Books (no reservation required) or have it delivered to your home by post within 3 working days. If you lose your device, you can have your current SIM blocked when you order the new SIM.
If you have an eSIM-enabled device, you can order an eSIM for free. Your advantage: There are no waiting times because a SIM card is no longer required. You will receive the QR code with your new eSIM profile when you order and you can call it up and activate it at any time in My Swisscom.
How does the eSIM work?
The “e” stands for “embedded”. This means that the SIM is integrated in the device and the eSIM chip is built into the device directly by the manufacturer (Apple, Samsung etc.). The eSIM profile with information on the subscription or phone number is subsequently loaded onto the device by Swisscom. In the long term, eSIM will replace the classic SIM card.
Would you like to activate an additional SIM for your additional device in addition to your subscription? Order a new eSIM or Multi Device SIM card via Multi Device.
- SIM card: After you have received your replacement SIM, insert the new SIM card into the SIM slot on your device.
eSIM: After you have received your eSIM profile as a QR code, scan it with the camera app on your smartphone. Instead, you can also go to the settings of your smartphone, select "Cellular / Cellular Network"> "Add Cellular Tariff" and scan the QR code in this way. Video tutorials: iPhone or Android phone
- You will now receive an SMS with a link. Click the link to confirm activation of the new SIM. Alternatively, you can activate your new card in My Swisscom. Your old SIM will be deactivated.
- Restart your phone.
Can I order a replacement SIM abroad?
A SIM card cannot be sent abroad or only after consultation with us. An eSIM, on the other hand, can be easily ordered and activated online, as no physical SIM card has to be delivered. Please note that the activation takes place abroad via My Swisscom and not via SMS.
How much does a new SIM cost?
A SIM card costs CHF 40.– and is conveniently offset against your mobile phone bill. To use prepaid, you need to top up enough credit.
We provide you with an eSIM profile free of charge.
How does WhatsApp work with the eSIM resp. the dual SIM function?
WhatsApp works with the eSIM in the same way as with a classic SIM. However, if WhatsApp is used with a dual SIM, only one phone number can be registered for WhatsApp and used on the device.
How can I switch from my old to the new iPhone with eSIM?
The eSIM profile can be transferred from the old iPhone to the new iPhone with just a few clicks. Both devices must have iOS 13.3 or higher installed. You can find step-by-step instructions at Apple or in our video instructions.
Which smartphones can currently be activated with an eSIM from Swisscom?
Today, the following devices from the Swisscom range can be put into operation with an eSIM.
What happens to the eSIM profile after a device reset?
Resetting your smartphone also deletes the eSIM profile on the device. That means you need a new eSIM profile. Order this free of charge as a replacement SIM in My Swisscom.
Do I need a SIM PIN for my eSIM?
The SIM PIN is deactivated by default on the eSIM. However, you can reactivate it if necessary. You will find a PIN for this on the eSIM profile voucher and in My Swisscom. You can activate it in the settings of the device and change the PIN as required after the first entry.
- How do you feel about gay Muslims?
- Competitive swimmers are injured
- What kind of person i am
- We lack freedom
- Why are some high schoolers nervous?
- What happened in Avengers Endgame
- What is a tax break
- How do you feel about Jawaharlal Nehru
- Which runway is safer asphalt or concrete
- Are you in India or Canada
- What is real or what is reality
- Is Jason Jordan really Kurt Angle's son
- How fast is the free standard delivery from AliExpress
- Brahmins are Dalits these days
- Who gave the name America
- Which is the best free library online
- Who is the best British goalie ever
- Will Pakistani men marry Catholic girls?
- Is Trump a good golfer
- How many illegal immigrants live in Italy
- Why is Kannada losing its importance
- Do you know why you are lonely
- Why is there a disability
- Boris Johnson has a drinking problem