Can we stop men's suicide?
Every year around a million people take their own lives in our world. This terrible, almost unimaginably high number and the unbelievable, associated suffering shock us all and we ask helplessly about the causes and the possibilities to prevent suicides. We can't just overlook the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are killing themselves. For the World Health Organization, suicide is one of the greatest health problems of all. It is even more difficult when children and young people take their own lives. How do you understand when a young person kills himself? And how can suicides be prevented?
Why is the suicide rate higher among men?
We know that in Western European countries out of 100,000 people around 4,000 are of the opinion that suicide could be a solution for their life situation. About 300 of them attempt suicide and 17 people actually commit suicide. In Switzerland, suicide is the second most common cause of death among young people between the ages of 16 and 25 - right after accidents. It is hardly discussed that at least eight out of ten young people who have died by suicide are male. On the one hand, this is due to the suicide methods, but it is also related to the overall poor health record of men.
The brochure “Practical Help for Dealing with Suicidal Crises” is intended to help you to know triggers, causes and risk factors, to be aware of alarm signals and to intervene correctly.
Suicide is still taboo
It is still difficult in our society to openly address this sad fact. It is more likely to try to suppress the topic or to cover it up by, for example, talking about risky games or tragic accidents. That also has to do with our cultural background. For the Christian Church, suicide has long been a mortal sin. It was not until the Enlightenment that suicide became the subject of intellectual debate, and it was only since the beginning of the 20th century that suicide has been perceived as a social and health phenomenon.
The fact that the idea that suicide is a possible solution to a personal problem is even related to several factors: for example, gender, the development of the young person and the social, cultural and family structures in which the children are grow up. But biological factors can also play a role.
- What is sentic computing
- How common are crimes in the US
- ASOS is only online
- All INTJs are night owls
- Blacks are faster swimmers
- Canadian and US phone numbers overlap
- Which Microsoft certifications are most in demand
- Why are you passionate about marketing
- Why is log 1 + 2 + 3 log1 + log2 + log3
- What are some old sayings
- Which is more important communication or trust
- What is the real estate income in Canada
- Can you learn to become aware of yourself
- Autistic people experience less unintentional blindness
- How to say esoteric in Greek
- Who is the parent company of groupon
- Is BSNL useful
- Which countries have their own search engines
- How can we respect our country
- Why do smells remind me of things
- What is celibacy in its purest form
- How did Mongolians treat prisoners
- Does Giardia ever go away
- Which students in a country are so intelligent?