What is the real cure for depression
Is Esketamine Safe At All?
Even with short-term therapy with the new agent, side effects such as drowsiness, increased blood pressure and even psychotic episodes can occur. No information at all was presented on the safety of Spravato with long-term use (after approx. 15 months).
In addition, six patients died during the clinical studies, three of them by suicide (2). In comparison, there was no death in the control group, so that an increased risk of suicide is apparently one of the side effects of the drug. Janssen and the FDA said the deaths were unrelated to esketamine.
The approval of esketamine is already in sight in Europe
Esketamine is obtained from the anesthetic (narcotic / narcotic) ketamine, which was discovered in the early 1960s and is also abused as a drug. Ketamine has been used for some time in therapy-resistant patients for depression in the USA and also in Europe. It is used "off label" by clinicians, which means it is not approved for use in depression.
Ketamine has not yet been officially approved for depression because it is classified as not very profitable by the pharmaceutical companies. It is different with Spravato. This is because the active ingredient esketamine was patented as a new drug in the form of a nasal spray and now costs more than 4,700 US dollars per person in the first month of treatment.
According to Thomas Messer, psychiatrist and chief physician at the Danuvius Klinik (specialist clinic for psychiatry, psychotherapy and psychosomatic medicine) in Pfaffenhofen, approval for Spravato could be granted in Europe as early as 2020 (3).
Naturopathy instead of antidepressants?
In the case of depression, however, there are numerous naturopathic options available that are unfortunately almost never addressed or recommended by the treating physicians, although they are free of side effects and often achieve very good results. Therefore, before you get a prescription for questionable medication, you could first choose the holistic route. You can find further information on natural therapy for depression here:
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Herrera-Perez D et al, Meta-Research: A comprehensive review of randomized clinical trials in three medical journals reveals 396 medical reversals, elife, June 2016
- (2) Emmarie Huetteman, FDA overlooked red flags in drugmaker's testing of new depression medicine, Medical Xpress, June 2019
- (3) Drugs for Depression, Heise, April 2019
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How do INTjs make good executives
- How can one fulfill one's purpose in life?
- Is Tally a free software
- What is the goal of employee compensation
- Is Poland a controversial country
- Who are you at 4 a.m.
- Is the transfer from an account safe?
- Archeology refutes the Bible
- Is someone going to hurt you with BPD?
- How do students look better without fashion?
- Did you date a shy man?
- Why is Ayurveda dangerous?
- What is the greatest form of love
- Are there citizens in Sri Lanka
- Have military prisons gangs
- Can you realize your greatest dreams on your own
- Why is Aaj Tak biased against BJP
- What is the US legal system called
- Real love wins
- Why are many African nations pro-American
- Who allowed Christianity in Rome
- What did Hitler think of FDR
- Sikhs really love India
- How the company reviews our previous experience letter
- How did you fight with your identity
- Life without a friend is possible
- What is money laundering
- How do I calculate the payroll manually
- What do westerners think of Hinduism?
- How much pollution do cargo ships cause
- Can a Christian become a Hindu
- Laboratory tests of concrete
- How is global warming affecting warm countries?
- Mental illness can be a disability