Who is the top actress in India
10 famous stars of the Indian cultural scene
Ravi Shankar: the king of the sitar
In the 1950s, Ravi Shankar became one of the first messengers of Indian music in the West. The meditative sound and the ascending drive of his ragas inspired and influenced fellow musicians from Yehudi Menuhin to George Harrison. And also his daughters Anoushka Shankar and Nora Jones, according to the proud father, made an "important contribution to the musical development of the West".
Zubin Mehta: the conductor prince
Born in Mumbai, then still Bombay, the artist went to study in Vienna at the age of 18 and made a career in Europe and the USA. Nevertheless, Zubin Mehta remains connected to his homeland to this day. For example, a foundation he founded is committed to popularizing Western classical music in India.
Yash Chopra: the father of Bollywood
Without the director and film producer Yash Chopra, the Hindi film industry would not have developed into an internationally successful phenomenon. He was a master and co-inventor of the feel-good music film and skillfully coined the trademark "Bollywood".
Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan: the superstar
He is considered the most successful actor in India. It is said that Shah Rukh Khan has more admirers worldwide than Jonny Depp and Tom Cruise put together. The only 1.70 meter tall Bollywood star is by no means a classic handsome. Rather, his strengths are humor, charm and charisma.
Raj Kapoor as a wax figure at Madame Tussauds
Raj Kapoor: the "Charlie Chaplin of India"
In the 1950s, Raj Kapoor took the hearts of viewers and critics by storm. He was also one of the first to play not the winner, but a little man with his lovable weaknesses and a certain brokenness.
Subodh Gupta: the collector's favorite
Contemporary art "made in India" has been booming for decades. One of their most successful protagonists is Subodh Gupta. The works of the artist from Bihar achieve record prices on the art market. Bihar is one of the poorest regions in India.
Kajol: the beauty icon
Kajol Devgan is not only one of the most popular and well-known actresses in Bollywood. For many, the mother of two is the symbol of classic Indian beauty.
Arundhati Roy: the star author
The Indian writer was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine in 2014. The delicate woman has a lot to say to the mighty of this world and her country and fearlessly criticizes the weaknesses of Indian society and the state.
A.R. Rahman: the successful composer
In 2008 "Slumdog Millionär", a film by Danny Boyle based on the hit novel "Q & A" by Vikas Swarup ("Questions and Answers", German title "Rupien! Rupien!") Was awarded eight Oscars. Among other things, the soundtrack from the workshop of Allah Rakha Rahman, the jack-of-all-trades of Indian light music, made him a box-office hit.
Balkrishna Doshi: the architect
In 2018, the 90-year-old Balkrishna Doshi was honored with the Pritzker Prize - the world's most important award for architects. The architect, who was born in Pune, has proven that "art and architecture serve mankind", so the reasoning. At the end of the 80s Doshi built the "Aranya Low Cost Housing" in his hometown. Over 6500 residential units from small apartments to spacious apartments offer decent living space for people with different incomes.
- What is the very first accounting software
- How to handle razor blades on the buttocks
- What bothers you most as INTP
- What are preferable dresses in summer
- Tony Stark dies in the comics
- Are Tata cars reliable
- Which is more beneficial cottage cheese or yogurt
- Where do moonstones come from
- Your friends really know you
- Is Afghanistan a part of the subcontinent
- Why did Mo Salah flop at Chelsea
- How to clean a dirty bugle
- Are you tired of Portmanteau words
- Is Slovenia culturally a Balkan country?
- What do you think of traveling alone
- When is Dushka Zapata's next book coming
- Can women wear men's shoes
- Why did 6ix9ine testify in court
- Who invented the steampunk genre
- Which is the best online trading platform
- Sorry for going to Columbia University
- How do I learn how to act
- What is $ 24 an hour per year
- Where do the main subjects of Stanford CS depend?