What is Credit Card RFID Technology
Privacy tools RFID blocker
It's amazingly fast: At the supermarket checkout, many newer EC cards can now simply be held up to a reader and the purchase is paid for. Neither a signature nor typing in a pin code is necessary. This is made possible by a so-called RFID chip built into the card. This is radioed by the cash register reader on a certain frequency and automatically sends back data that allow the payment process.
Unfortunately, it is precisely this technology that makes it easy for unauthorized persons to abuse it. Criminals could design similarly functioning devices and spark your cash card in passing. Completely unnoticed by you, you would "pull your money out of your pocket".
With the mdr-RFID blocker you can defend yourself against such abusive attacks on the sensitive data of your EC or credit card. And that without any effort! Simply insert the RFID blocker card into your wallet with the other chip cards and they will be protected from unauthorized access in the future.
This is how an RFID blocker works
The abbreviation RFID stands for "radio-frequency identification", in German: "Identification using electromagnetic waves". The RFID technology describes a possibility to read a small chip by radio. To do this, a reader creates an electromagnetic field and thus transfers energy to the chip, which does not require its own power supply. A data request is sent to the chip card, which it answers without a security check if it is close enough to the reader. The passive transponders in car keys for unlocking an immobilizer also work on the same principle. EC or credit cards in particular send far more sensitive data than a car key when they are radioed.
If the RFID blocker is kept together with the chip card, it sends an interfering signalas soon as this is called. This makes it impossible for unauthorized devices to read your money card data unnoticed. Only when you take your chip card out of your wallet and thus remove it from the RFID blocker does it become readable for the corresponding devices and can therefore be used, for example, to pay in the supermarket.
The mdr-RFID blocker prevents in one Radius of up to five centimeters the reading of cards with the RFID standard frequency of 13.56 MHz be radioed. As long as you keep it in your wallet along with your chip cards, they are protected from unauthorized attacks and your data is safe.
- What does Chomsky think of linguistic relativity theory?
- What is the meaning of thinking
- Hong Kong women are attacked
- Most Algerians still speak French
- Can you share your sexy split
- How rich is Dwayne Johnson
- American life is very boring
- Bringing in oil darkens your skin
- What is preventing the Indians from growing globally
- What is the central government's best job
- Why do I need a patent
- How to get privacy in prison
- How does universal health care correspond to socialism?
- Who are Blackpink Singers
- What are the disadvantages of AAC blocks
- What actually happens during intercourse
- How do you get hard at work
- What is the best korean spicy food
- How can we improve conditions for women
- What are the roughest words in English
- How many migrants are there in Hungary?
- How do I learn to dream lucidly
- What is the life of American teenagers like
- Is religion a cultural universe