How socially connected should older people be?
Social networks for seniors: This is what older people should pay attention to
For young people, social networks are as natural as food and school: 98 percent of them are active there, as a study by Bitkom Research shows.
And what about the elderly over 65? Not all of them are there - but at 65 percent there are plenty. And 70 percent of them have signed up for short message or messenger services.
After all, there are plenty of reasons for this: To get the latest photos of the grandchildren, to keep in contact with old friends, to meet new people or to find out about current events.
Security concerns and access difficulties
And yet some older people shy away from going online. Why? Two reasons for this are security concerns and access difficulties, says Nicola Röhricht. She is a consultant for digitization and education at the Federal Association of Seniors' Organizations (BAGSO). "Many older people are afraid and ask themselves: Can I even manage it?"
Often there is simply a lack of support. Many older users do not open up the networks by themselves. "In addition, the benefits of social networks are often not seen," says Röhricht. There are even networks that are specially adapted to the needs of seniors.
This includes, for example, the website Feierabend.de. The difference to Facebook and Co .: Here you not only meet on the Internet, but also in person if you wish. In so-called regional groups, users can arrange to go on excursions and meet up at regulars. "The encounter is very important to the elderly," explains Röhricht.
Social networks for seniors
- Why do people get hydrocephalus
- How crowdfunding companies make a profit
- What's the story behind the monarchy
- How important is personal growth to you
- What is the chemical used in textiles
- Which is better USA or Canada
- Do you hate China or communism
- Why are you passionate about marketing
- What is the story of Volkswagen
- What is the issue of community nursing
- Which countries produce the best golfers
- Can a Chinese be attractive
- Which are the famous foods of Chhattisgarh
- Is INTJ a traditional person
- How is ICD Aurangabad
- Why do we need anti-dumping laws
- MLB umpires are well paid
- Who would win Darth Vader against Thanos?
- Brain-to-brain interface
- How many dollars does a DJ make
- What languages are spoken in Vietnam
- What is Canadian culture for you?
- Why do some people hate Sundays
- Are Laz people Turkish?
- Why are there curved monitors?
- Why do earrings sometimes cause infections
- What is meant by minimalism
- How much can fashion define someone
- Is western food sinised in China
- Same sex marriage is legal in Denmark
- Where should I study luxury brand management
- How do you perceive your own identity
- Why do some consider body hair unsanitary?
- Is religion harmful to society