What's the best recipe for Upma
Upma - Indian breakfast semolina
Alexandra Ianakova and Rajeeb Barma - India
Upma is a spicy, hearty semolina porridge with vegetables that is traditionally eaten for breakfast in South India. A kind of porridge that is also filling. The preparation is very simple. You can find more specific ingredients in an Asia market.
Ingredients (sometimes in cups):
1.5 cups of durum wheat semolina
3 teaspoons Urid Dal (peeled Urid beans, can be found in Asian markets)
3 tbsp pink peanuts (Asian market)
1 pinch of mustard seeds
1 pinch of caraway seeds
3 cups of vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, green beans, ...)
7 cups of water
- Heat a cup of semolina in a dry pan and brown it a little. Put aside.
- Heat the oil in a high pan or saucepan. First add the peanuts and roast them. Then add onions, Urid Dal, caraway and mustard seeds and fry.
- Add the vegetables and fry together for a few minutes. Add coriander. Add water, a good pinch of salt and let it boil.
- Sprinkle in the semolina over low heat and stir constantly so that no lumps form.
- Cover and let soak. The result is a pulpy consistency.
- Season to taste with spices.
Enjoy the meal! 🙂
I like it:
I'm Alex, online editor, amateur photographer and easy to get excited about. With a lot of joy I travel around the world as sustainably as possible and fill my international recipe book. Show all posts by ReiseSpeisen
- Which common programming errors should be avoided?
- What is a news website
- What is the average age of the Pakistani man
- What is Brett Kavanaugh's IQ
- Is Jose Mourinho a good leader
- How do you get free meal vouchers
- Is India more in USA or Russia
- How much should you tip in Canada?
- Can Wellbutrin help regulate dopamine receptors
- What do you think of Slack
- How to define Indian moral values
- When should tantrums stop?
- What is a Post CIF number
- What do Australians think of Tony Abbott?
- Why are there male feminists
- Where are strip foundations used
- How common is male rape in India?
- What's the best celebrity cruise ship
- Is jazz cultural appropriation
- Is death the best cure for futility?
- Are Khadi herb products really herbs
- Is 400000 THB good salary in Bangkok
- Which rhythm guitarists are most overlooked
- How do you do an internship at LinkedIn
- What are SME Loans
- What components does capitalism need in order to survive?
- How many Tibetans are there in Nepal
- Who is the founder of Slack
- How do I speed up reading 1
- Can blood pressure medication increase blood sugar?
- Why Most Canadians Don't Like Americans
- Which is the best mountain for trekking
- What determines the transparency of an object