Can we treat gallstones naturally?
If the gallstones do not cause any symptoms, doctors usually see no reason to remove them. In many cases it remains that the gallstones do not cause any symptoms in the further course.
However, if symptoms do occur, the doctor will usually begin treatment with alleviating the symptoms. He gives to therapy Medicines for pain or inflammation. He can also prescribe a zero diet.
The actual treatment of the gallstones then depends on where the gallstones are and how big they are. They can occur in the gallbladder or in the bile ducts.
If the pain occurs repeatedly, or if the doctor determines that the gallbladder is inflamed, they may recommend removing the gallbladder. Unfortunately, if gallstones are treated with medication or removed during a mirroring, new gallstones often form.
Doctors call the removal of the gallbladder a cholecystectomy. As a rule, the procedure is minimally invasive - i.e. only with very small incisions without opening the entire abdominal wall - and takes place by means of a laparoscopy. The doctor can access the gallbladder through four small incisions in the abdominal wall and remove it. The procedure usually takes place on an outpatient basis, and those who have been operated on can go home the same day. The duration of the operation is between 30 minutes and an hour.
Around 95 to 99 percent of interventions can take place this way. Only in rare cases does the doctor have to open the abdominal wall further, for example if there are certain adhesions there. Then the procedure has to be carried out in an inpatient setting and the regeneration will take a little more time. In Germany, doctors remove around 190,000 gallbladders every year.
In most cases, doctors use medication to treat gallstones to relieve symptoms. So stand pain reliever and anticonvulsant medication available against the stomach ache. There are also medications for nausea or an uncomfortable feeling of fullness.
Doctors rarely try to dissolve the gallstones with medication. If the gallstones consist of cholesterol and are particularly small, it is possible to use the active ingredient ursodeoxycholic acid to counteract them. However, drug treatment lasts between one and two years. The gallstones are not completely dissolved, but only about three quarters at the most. In over half of the cases, new gallstones form within five months. Because of this, doctors rarely use drugs to dissolve gallstones.
If the gallstones are in the bile duct, the doctor can remove them during an endoscopy. Similar to a gastroscopy, it leads a long, flexible tube through the esophagus into the stomach, from there into the duodenum and finally to the mouth of the bile duct. Here the doctor injects a contrast medium through the hose. The exit of the gallbladder is then usually slightly cut open. The doctor can endoscopically remove the gallstones using special baskets. The procedure is called Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). Doctors refrain from smashing the gallstones.
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is used to treat gallstones rarely used. With ESWL, sound waves are directed into the body to break up the gallstones. However, the procedure is considered to be out of date. It is used more often in other conditions, such as urinary stones.
- What is Hadoop Technology like as a career
- Has Elizabeth II ever visited Ottawa, Canada
- Might defeat Doctor Strange Juggernaut
- Why is Facebook so ugly and boring
- Should we learn AutoCAD before we learn SolidWorks
- Requires WITH Sats
- How can I set up my own logistics company
- Why is Donald Trump aiming at Nancy Pelosi
- How do the Iranians differ from the Americans?
- Can you realize your greatest dreams on your own
- What is the average age of the Pakistani man
- Is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev sexually towards women
- Men can wear high-heeled shoes for women
- People who have young faces are cute
- What is economic development
- Is nationalism the only alternative to globalism?
- What age girl to marry at 27
- How do you like doing housework
- What is Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Why did the UK leave Hong Kong?
- China is a first world country
- Is it worth fighting for true love
- What planet is more beautiful than the earth
- How influential is the RT channel
- What is water treatment is it chemical
- Why do you love hong kong
- What do you think of universal health coverage
- Will the queen ever give an interview
- Which companies use Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- We lack freedom
- I swear back when someone swears
- How does sexual whipping feel?
- How can you avoid ever getting married?