Hinduism was worth it
With perhaps 900 million followers, Hinduism is the third largest world religion after Christianity and Islam. However, it does not offer such a uniform picture as this and is only weakly present outside of India. One could also speak of a religious family that includes both the forms of a monotheistic belief in God and a non-theistic spirituality. Today's manifestations have changed in a process that has lasted around 3000 years since 1000 BC. Developed. The common name Hinduism for these various religious currents goes back to the Europeans who occupied India during the colonial period. It is now in common use. Traditional Hinduism in Germany is mainly represented by tens of thousands of migrants from Sri Lanka. There are also a number of Hindu groups, many of which can be traced back to the activities of gurus (teachers).
The god Vishnu or one of his embodiments (avatars) such as Krishna or Rama, as well as the god Shiva or the goddess in her various forms such as Durga, Kali or Parvati as the embodiment of the female, are regarded as the respective representatives of the highest deity for the three main monotheistic directions Power (Shakti).
The Advaita Vedanta, which has its main representative in Shankara (around 800 AD), does without God. Here the unity of the human self (atman) with the “divine”, not personally understood world spirit (brahman) is represented. While salvation (moksha) for the representatives of the belief in God means that the soul finds the way to union with God, the Advaita Vedanta is about the existing unity of the individual soul with the whole, which is only hidden from people by the deceptive veil of the Maya is to uncover and recognize or experience.
Despite these differences, there are many similarities between the currents described that justify treating Hinduism as a religious but also a cultural and social unit. A number of new religious movements that have emerged in the past few decades have their origins in this context. In many cases the guru principle of the Indian religion has been effective in their emergence and dissemination. In addition, there are concepts in the area of esotericism, wellness or everyday religiosity that have their origins in Hindu religion and culture.
- What do presidents pay for
- What are the types of internet advertising
- What does char *
- What is preventing Turkey from invading Armenia
- Why is God necessary
- Why does introvert suffer
- Why didn't Hitler attack Sweden?
- Is there Uber in Phuket
- Why are indigenous Australians black
- What are your highest aspirations and goals
- Which Indian newspapers are the most biased
- When do women envy men
- How is the Pakistani judicial system
- May Sikh men Latinas
- What is China's position on refugee issues
- What are the benefits of PAN Africanism
- What is China's absolute advantage in construction
- Which is the poorest community in Kenya
- How do you say empty in Spanish
- Where does the word word come from
- Can Christian be a misanthrope?
- Are the CatalyseR fees higher
- Should I move to Toronto
- What values do most Poles share?