Where did Alice in Chains come from
Grunge was a genre of music that was widespread in the 90s, especially in the USA. It is a type of rock that cannot be precisely defined, but is noticeable through aggressive lyrics, guitars, basses and drums.
None of the musicians at Nirvana could describe what grunge actually is.
Grunge is very similar to punk rock. The most important representatives are Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden.
The beginnings Edit source]
Grunge was created in 1987 in the poor circumstances of teenagers who wanted to gain a foothold musically in Seattle (Washington).
Since you couldn't afford a recording studio, the music was played in garages, which also shaped the typical sound.
The music of the time did not please the musicians, beautiful, glorifying melodies sold well, but men like Kurt Cobain did not understand this.
He was looking for a connection to the music, which he expressed through depressive lyrics full of hatred, loud guitar riffs and thumping drums.
This new style of music was amazingly well received by teenagers in the United States and the media, the antisocial musicians with their ripped jeans, angry hearts, long greasy hair and plaid flannel shirts who cared about absolutely no norms of behavior became the press and charts Interesting. The term Grunge, English word for Filthy, filth, came from there and was henceforth used for lifestyle and music.
Worldwide distribution Edit source]
It wasn't until 1991, after the now legendary release of Nirvana's album Nevermind, and especially the song Smells Like Teen Spirit, that the Seattle musicians really got attention.
Nevermind has been sold over 25 million times to date.
Nirvana were only a part of the most famous grunge bands, groups like Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains suddenly managed to fill the concert halls and captivate people who had grown tired of their lives.
The end [edit | Edit source]
Kurt Cobain had to realize very quickly, however, that his old audience, which he had won on his debut album Bleach, was soon joined by others. People who only knew the song Smells Like Teen Spirit and called themselves a fan.
In addition, the Nirvana fan base also joined gays - and misogynists or racists. Kurt said in an interview with SPIN magazine in January 1992: I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they're out there and it really bothers me. (I wish I could get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they are there. And it annoys me.)
When recording the new Nirvana album, its planned title I hate myself and want to die Kurt said that it would be better this time to go back to the origins of Nirvana: In Utero, the name of the album then chosen, should be louder and more aggressive than ever before.
He meant getting rid of all the fans who jumped on the quieter, almost mainstream album Nevermind. It did not work. In Utero was almost as successful.
On April 5, 1994, during Nirvana's world tour, Kurt Cobain shot himself with a shotgun in his Seattle garage. He was high on heroin and sedatives.
That was not the only reason why the grunge scene came to an abrupt end: the other bands were also not doing well internally, and the press and other media put increasing pressure on them.
Grunge is what is called today alternative designated. Only alternative goes further.
Grunge bands (alphabetical order) [edit | Edit source]
- Alice in Chains
- Blind melon
- The Jesus Lizard
- The Melvins
- Neil Young (Godfather of Grunge)
- Pearl Jam
- Screaming trees
- Stone Temple Pilots
Other [edit | Edit source]
- Neil Young is known as Godfather of Grunge (Godfather of grunge)
- Grunge is also called Seattle Sound
- Other well-known musicians, such as Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode or Primal Scream, were big fans of grunge.
- What is America doing America
- Why don't Indians vote honest politicians?
- How safe are tourists in Sweden
- Why are arbitration clauses legal
- How often do employers check employment data
- What are some sales forums
- Which objects use a 9 volt battery
- How harmful is 5g technology to humans
- I want to sell my business
- You can accidentally commit suicide
- What use are enemies
- How important are nurses in society
- How can I start a mobile production
- North Korea could hit Great Britain
- What can cause sudden numbness
- Who is Jesus for you
- What is a check deposit
- How should you suck cock with a foreskin?
- How do corporate apps accept online payments
- What exactly is patriotism
- Which problems only men can understand
- Castor oil is toxic
- How to clean a nose ring
- How are operational soldiers paid
- What screams i have borderline personality disorder
- Is biased news still news
- Babies get thirsty
- What are the rules for being yourself
- Are there left-wing National Socialists
- Why are there so few male teachers?
- Have you seen kid rock
- When is Dushka Zapata's next book coming
- Who was King Bharata
- What is electronegativity How to calculate it